Social Media Sharing is important if anyone likes your content and shares your blog on their social media platforms. Then Social Media Sharing buttons should present on your WordPress Blog Posts. So you should know about How to Add Share Buttons to WordPress Posts.
There are various methods to Add Social Media Buttons to WordPress Posts. So here we will tell you the 2 methods to add the share buttons to WordPress Posts.
Step 1: Login to your WordPress Admin dashboard and Go to Plugins and click Add New.
Step 2: Search Sassy Social Share and it will give you the WordPress Social Sharing Plugin – Sassy Social Share.
This is the best Social Sharing plugin and It has 70K Active installations. You can share over 100 networks through this plugin. With the help of Sassy Social Share, you can add floating and horizontal buttons to your WordPress Posts.
Step 3: Install and Activate Sassy Social Share Plugin.
Step 4: After Installing Sassy Social Share, A Sassy Social Share option will show in the WordPress Admin Dashboard on the left side.
Step 5: So Click on Sassy Social Share and do the settings.
Step 6: So there are many options will give by Sassy Social Share.
- Theme Selection
- Standard Interface
- Floating Interface
- Shortcode and Widget
Step 6: In theme Selection, First you will see the Standard Interface theme means horizontal buttons.
So you will choose the Icon Shape (Round, Square, Rectangle), Icon Size, Logo, Background Color, Border.
You can choose Counter Position means you can show how many shares you have got. So you can set it top, bottom, inner top, inner bottom, left, inner left, right, inner right.
After Standard Interface, you will see the Floating Interface theme. So here you can choose the Shape of buttons, Icon Size, Background Color, Border and Counter Position.
When will you do all the settings in Standard and Floating Interface then Click on Save Changes?
So by this, you can add Floating Share Buttons to WordPress Posts.
How to Add Horizontal Sharing Buttons to WordPress Posts?
Step 7: After theme selection, you will see Standard Interface. Click on Standard Interface and Choose those buttons which do you want to add in WordPress Posts.
- First, you should enable Standard Sharing Interface.
- Leave Target URL as it is.
- Give some text in Title like Share this Article or Sharing is Caring.
- You can Rearrange Icons according to your choice. Here many sharing buttons are providing. So you can choose others also.
- Here You can choose any of Select Sharing Services.
- After this, you can choose Horizontal Alignment as Left, Center or Right.
- You can choose the Position of the top of the button of your content and the bottom of your content.
- Choose Posts as Placements. There are many options available here.
- So you can Show total Shares, Show Share Counts and Enable More Icons.
- After the Complete process, Click on Save Changes.
So your Standard Social Share buttons will be shown like this in the post.
Step 8: After Standard Interface, you will see the Floating Interface. So click on the Floating Interface.
- Enable the Floating Sharing interface.
- Leave Target URL as it is and Rearrange the Icons according to your needs.
- Select other Sharing Services. You can add more buttons.
- You can choose Background Color.
- In Floating Share, you can choose Horizontal Alignment, Left or Right.
- You can put Left and top offset in pixels.
- Choose Placements as Pages, Post, HomePage, Categories, Tags etc.
- You can enable Show Total Shares, Show Share Counts, Enable More Icons.
- In the Floating interface, you will see some extra options like Vertical and horizontal Floating bar responsiveness.
- Also, you can set Horizontal Floating Bar positions.
After complete, all the settings, Click on Save Changes.
So Floating Share buttons will show on your WordPress Posts like this.
So by this, you can add social sharing buttons horizontally.
Step 9: In Miscellaneous, You can enable Share Count Cache and URL Shortening.
Step 10: You can add sharing buttons through Shortcode and Widget.
So this is the Process, How to Add Share Buttons to WordPress Posts through Sassy Social Share.
How to Add Social Media Buttons to WordPress Posts through JetPack?
Step 1: Go to WordPress Admin Dashboard and after this Go to Plugins and click Add New.
Step 2: Install and Activate the Jetpack by WordPress.com.
Step 3: Go to JetPack and Set up this plugin through Login into WordPress.com.
if you are not registering on WordPress.com then first create your account and approve with Jetpack.
After Login, Jetpack will show in your WordPress Admin Dashboard. Activate the recommended features if you have registered now.
Step 4: There are two features will show.
Go to Settings and Enable your Sharing buttons.
Step 6: Click on Configure your Share Buttons.
It will redirect you to WordPress.com sharing settings.
- Click on Edit Label Text and Write Share this Article or Sharing is Caring.
- After this click on Edit Sharing Buttons, you can add other social media buttons. If you will click on Edit More Buttons and add other social media buttons which do you want to give second priority.
- In Options, Choose Posts to show your social sharing icons.
- Click on Save Changes.
Then Social Sharing buttons will appear on your WordPress website like this.
So this is another method for How to Add Sharing Buttons to WordPress through Jetpack.
So by this blog, You have learned How to Add Social Media Share Buttons to WordPress Posts. Apply any of these methods and get more traffic through Social Sharing by your visitors.
Tell us in the comment section, which method do you want to use.
If you have liked this article, then share this article on your Social Media platforms and like our Facebook Page.